The central nervous system (CNS) controls every function in the entire body, the brain communicates to the body via the nerves that exit the spine. Therefore by treating the spinal column we can effectively allow the brain(CNS) to heal the body of many common ailments. Chiropractic care can not only help with musculoskeletal dysfunction but can also assist with visceral issues as well. Chiropractic care can help treat digestive, neurologic, respiratory, reproductive and circulatory issues.
About Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic care allows patients a safe and effective option that treats the source of their pain, as opposed to addictive opioids which only temporarily mask the symptoms.
- Our comprehensive center enables both prevention and recovery of injury by offering multiple types of treatment, rehabilitation, and wellness services.
- An increase in a holistic approach and comprehensive therapy for many highly prevalent conditions and diseases.
- Increased regulations and concerns over opioid use are driving doctors to seek alternative therapy for chronic or acutely painful conditions.
- With a relatively low cost and high patient satisfaction rate, chiropractic and wellness care is a highly sought after option to manage chronic pain, treat injuries, and improve many other ailments.
Overall Benefits of Chiropractic Care
1. Prevalence of lower back pain:
- Up to 85% of the population will experience lower back pain in their lifetime http://www.aans.org/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Low-Back-Pain
- Lower back pain is the second most common presenting complaint for physician visits in the United States. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1495170/
- Disability due to low back pain has risen over 50% since 1990 https://www.thelancet.com/series/low-back-pain
2. Low Cost/High Efficacy of treatment
- Cost of chiropractic is 40% less than that of a medical doctor and more effective. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21109053
- 60% of patients with sciatica benefit from spinal manipulation after failing medical management. http://www.chiro.org/LINKS/ABSTRACTS/Manipulation_or_Microdiskectomy_for_Sciatica.shtml
- Demonstrated superiority in efficacy and cost-effectiveness of chiropractic therapy http://www.garyauerbach.com/dga/SPINE%20Journal%20CHIRO%20Study.pdf
3. Avoid surgery and decrease risk, pain, and time missed from work:
- Microdecompression for disc disease averages 25,000 per procedure, and chiropractic cost is 2,100 per year https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21036279
- Odds of receiving surgery when first visit is with a surgeon: 42.7%, when first visit is with a DC: 1.5% (reference)
4. Avoid unnecessary pain medications/narcotics
- Of the 21.5 million Americans age 12 or older that had a substance use disorder in 2014, 1.9 million had a substance abuse disorder involving prescription pain relievers and 586,000 had a substance abuse disorder involving heroin. American Society of Addiction Medicine. https://www.forbes.com/sites/toriutley/2016/04/12/four-top-takeaways-from-the-national-rx-drug-abuse-and-heroin-summit/#492e48107e08
- The cost of opioid abuse to US employers is estimated at $18 billion in sick days, lost productivity and medical expenses. http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20160420/NEWS/160429998